there’s always that one character where you’re like “tbh I love this character bc I am this character”
"I worked in technology for many years, but I got tired of working for The Man. Plus technology has its ups and downs. Chicken is always steady."
twelve days of snk » favourite female character
❛This world is merciless and it’s also very beautiful.❜
HERE is the DIFFERENCE. So many people get so confused. Difference between having anxiety and having an anxiety disorder.
Home-mades, Stanislava Pinchuk
Home-made tattoos for friends & friends of friends, playing with memory, space & geography turned back on the body, all completed as trades.
- Wildflower with galaxy spores: traded for tailoring
- Australian native lilacs & wildflowers: traded for a house-plant & a necklace
- Orion’s belt, drawn from memory: traded for dinner
- L: Twin Branches: traded for a wallet & necklace, R: A map of the NYC high line from memory: traded for the most amazing crystal
- Shield (Constellation): traded for house plants
- Solar Eclipse: traded for dinner
- L: Constellation (Diamond): traded for a drawing, R: Wolf with a city on its back: traded for a drawing
- L: A map within a firework exploding, marking north, Berlin, Vancouver & Melbourne in its rays, brother & sister before parting again: traded for whiskey, R: Twin Branches (Constellation): traded for a drawing
- L: Constellation like mountain: traded for home-cooking, R: Twin Branches: traded for whiskey
- A map of 4 cities between Melbourne (Constellation): traded for a drawing
I am a nurse. For 30 years of my career, I was a labor and delivery nurse. I took care of women through all stages of labor and through their delivery. Due to the many times that I have worked 16 hour shifts, I bonded with many women and helped them through long hours. Finally, through much work on the mom’s part with my guidance, she would be ready to deliver. In would sail the doctor, spend five minutes catching the baby, and then pose for all the pictures. I would hear from the families how wonderful he/she was.
Then why is my back killing me because I stood for two to three hours with a woman in a variety of positions including resting her foot on my shoulder while she pushed? Oh, and did I mention that she is also paralyzed from the waist down from the epidural, so I was also helping to hold her up while she squatted to push?
Why have I had to change my scrub clothes twice in a shift because someone either puked on me or amniotic fluid soaked everything?
Who is it that actually got that IV started while reassuring the poor mom?
Who is it that took the camera out of the daddy’s trembling hand and started taking family pictures because she knew that otherwise there would be no proof that he had even been in the room? And capturing the look of wonder on both parent’s faces at the same time.
Who is it that cleaned up every body fluid that can spew from a human, with a smile on her face and encouraging words for the mortified patient who has never been sick in front of a stranger in her life?
Who is it that tracked down the anesthesia people, chased them out of the lounge, and threatened them with their lives if they didn’t take care of her patient, NOW?
And when things didn’t go well, who was it that took that poor baby that didn’t make it, cleaned it up, dressed it, wrapped it in a soft blanket, and brought it to the broken-hearted parents to hold for the first and last time?
Oh, yeah, Dr. Marvelous is just great.
I’m just a nurse.
Nurses are so underappreciated, like, seriously guys. All of my best memories from hospitals as a child were because of nurses.
Because you were younger then
And thought you didn’t have to care about anyone
But you’re older now
And you wish that you could
No.6 -> Nezumi